James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

I wonder if you can help? I have an old Sebo Automatic X4

Hi- I wonder if you can help? I have an old Sebo Automatic X4 Extra 1300w cleaner. When switched on, the motor immediately cuts out, but with red warning lights for bag and brush continuing to flash until the power is switched off. I have checked the obvious like blockages and jammed brush. Any suggestions? Mike
JA: How old is your Sebo vacuum?
Customer: Quite old- at least ten years or more, and has had much use.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Sebo vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has not been used for about a year, and wasn't working when I tried to use it again. It was fine before.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Not that I can think of.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

It sounds like the fault is with the motor due to its age it could be the motor brushes or the motor itself which has failed,

What is your postcode?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
GL3 2PD

A service can be arranged by taking your vacuum to Stephens Electrics, their number is 

01452 412225

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
Sorry- I meant to give 5 stars!

Have a great evening, there is no need to reply back, however should you need further assistance please do come back to me.