Mace2012
Mace2012, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  At your service..
68179415

We purchased a vax platinum power max last November from

Hi we purchased a vax platinum power max last November from Amazon. Unfortunately it has lost suction. I have made sure that there is no blockages on the suction side, can you help?
JA: Do you know the model of your Max appliance? How old is it?
Customer: 8 months
JA: How long has this been going on with your Max appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: just tried to use it yesterday and noticed there was no suction I’ve cleaned the brushes and took the front suction attachment off when I put my hand over the suction pipe there’s no suction at all
JA: Do you know the model of your Max appliance?
Customer: Platinum power max
JA: How long has this been going on with your Max? What have you tried so far?
Customer: since yesterday as I said before clean all the suction chann
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: what can you do for me

Good day,

Welcome to justanswer.co.uk., an independent paid question and answer platform that matches experts in various skills to customers.

My name is ***** ***** Support Technician with over 10 years of experience, and I will assist you with your appliance today. I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Vax, I understand how frustrating that can be. Hope we can resolve it quickly via type response.

Could you please advise its complete model number/serial number please?This can be found on the silver label on your machine. Your serial number is ***** barcode number and will start with 111...

It's worth trying trouble shooting it, before replacing.

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
XXXXXXXXXXXX

I appreciate the above details. Please bear with whilst looking this for you.

Sorry, I am not available for phone calls however, I am happy to help via chat. If someone else is available for calls, they will call you.

May I know if  the issue for no suction is coming from the base or from the  hose? or both?

• No suction from the base?

1. Check the suction from the motor
  2. Remove the dirty water tank and switch the machine on
  3. Place your hand over the circular hole located on the machine, where the dirty water tank sits. If there is no suction please contact Vax or Amazon and get it replace immediately. 

• No suction from the hose?

1. Check the suction from the motor
  2. Open the door on the below the dirty water tank on machine where the hose fits in
  3. Switch the machine on and place your hand over the hole to test the suction
  4. Switch the machine on, is the suction strong? If no, please contact Vax or Amazon and get it replace immediately.

Glad to be of service to you today and I do hope that I was able to assist fully. Is there anything else that I might help you with?