canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have, and have had for many years, a Krups Golden Filter

Customer Question

I have, and have had for many years, a Krups Golden Filter Type 133A coffee machine which today has stopped syphoning the boiling water to drip through the filter and thus make the coffee. Is this terminal for the machine, or could there be an economical repair?
JA: Who makes your coffee maker?
Customer: Krups
JA: How long has this been going on with your coffee maker? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The fault has only occurred in the past two days, and, although I am the type who would look to repair it myself, I can see no way to access the machine's internal workings.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: Only that I admit the machine is probably more than 20 years old.
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 11 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the repair field for over 20 years. I am sorry you are having issues with your Krups coffee machine. I will be glad to help you today.

I'm happy to help you decide if you need to get your appliance professionally repaired or if you can manage the repair yourself. However, sometimes it takes me time to type out a more extended response; please be patient!

The water pump will require replacement. If you are not very handy, replacement may be the best option.

Do you have any additional questions or concerns?

It appears as if you are offline. I hope the information provided helped resolve your issue. If you have additional questions or more information when you log back on, don't hesitate to contact me to continue working together. Further information can help me answer your question.

Please reach out to me if anything changes or if you need to chat further!

You can add me to your favorites from the "My Questions" page, and if you start the question with the words "For canuck the pro," that will request me.

I surely want to be your go-to expert. Maybe I can tell you some household things that might be helpful. How to flush your water heater, maintain your dishwasher, or anything else that would be helpful to you. Thank you so much for allowing me to help with this today.