KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

My FDAL 11010 6 year old Hotpoint dishwasher has stopped

My FDAL 11010 6 year old Hotpoint dishwasher has stopped working. The on/off switch doesn't function. I have checked the plug and have tried switching the machine off, then on again after a minute with no success. If there is nothing else I can try, can you tell me how much a repair is likely to cost.
JA: Do you know the model of your Hotpoint dishwasher?
Customer: Is Aquarius the model name?
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Since yesterday. I have checked the plug, and I've tried switching on/off/on with no success.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It is a free standing machine. Six years old.

Good day and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Hotpoint Dishwasher.

Is it completely dead ?

Customer: replied 5 days ago.

OK, sometimes if water leaks in the base of appliance, it may cause these type of issues.

You will have to unplug the appliance and pull it out, then tip it backwards by around 45 degrees so excess water drains off completely.

After you have done this, check the drain hose where it connects to house drain and make sure it is not clogged.

Then please clean the mesh filter from inside and make sure it is not blocked.

Now, reconnect everything and plug it back; select any program.

It should work however, if the problem occurs again you will have to replace the power board to solve the issue.

Alternatively, you may call Hotpoint at 03448 225 225 to book repair.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful day.