canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I have a shark hair wrap duo .. its not sucking up dirt I’ve

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: I have a shark hair wrap duo .. its not sucking up dirt I’ve cleaned everything it’s like it’s coming from motor /filter it’s sounds as if it’s working but just not taking up dirt
JA: Do you know the model of your Shark appliance? How old is it?
Customer: IZ251UKC0 26 25.2V
JA: How long has this been going on with your Shark? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i have it well
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: over a year we have it cleaned it’s absolutely spotless clean
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
It’s only over a year old well looks after sounds perfect just not taking up dirt it’s from the motor and filter area witch is spotless also
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
IZ251UKCO 2625.2v
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
We have taken it all apart sound I’d perfect just not sucking up any dirt about 3 days so I took it apart cleaned it hoping it was blocked but it’s not
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Can I ring someone the number on website not working
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 8 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the repair field for over 20 years. I am sorry you are having issues with your Shark vacuum. I will be glad to help you today.

I'm happy to help you decide if you need to get your appliance professionally repaired or if you can manage the repair yourself. However, sometimes it takes me time to type out a more extended response; please be patient!

First, you will want to disconnect the hose and check the suction at the hose connection port.

Check very carefully for a blockage in the hose or the elbow and inspect the hose to ensure no tears.

Often if the hose has been regularly fully extended, then it will tear and cause suction issues. If that still seems weak, check the collection tank screen filter to ensure it is not full of hair or debris.

Remove the pre-filter and clean it well with dish soap and water.

Be sure that the filter is thoroughly dried before using it again. Any dampness getting into the motor can cause damage. Sometimes the HEPA filter is forgotten too, so if you have that, then remove that filter and inspect it.

If you have another vacuum, then vacuum the HEPA filter well and inside the HEPA filter housing.

Be sure to wipe the inside of the filter housings with a slightly damp cloth so that the filters will make a good seal. As a safety precaution, unplug it and periodically run your hand along the entire cord to ensure there are no tears or stressed points.

Do you have any additional questions or concerns?

It appears as if you are offline. I hope the information provided helped resolve your issue. If you have additional questions or more information when you log back on, don't hesitate to contact me to continue working together. Further information can help me answer your question.

Please reach out to me if anything changes or if you need to chat further!

You can add me to your favorites from the "My Questions" page, and if you start the question with the words "For canuck the pro," that will request me.

I surely want to be your go-to expert. Maybe I can tell you some household things that might be helpful. How to flush your water heater, maintain your dishwasher, or anything else that would be helpful to you. Thank you so much for allowing me to help with this today.