Erdal Zal
Erdal Zal,
106347225

I have a hot point Aqualtis washing machine and it has come

Customer Question

I have a hot point Aqualtis washing machine and it has come up with F6 on the display what does this mean
JA: Is your washer top or front loading? How old is it?
Customer: Front loading about 5 years old
JA: How long has this been going on with your washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: It has just happened
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 14 days ago.
Good Afternoon 

Welcome to JustAnswer and thank you for your question. My name is***** am an expert from Germany and have been working as an appliance technician for 20 years.

I work with a language translation program and would be very grateful for your understanding.

I'm sorry I can't talk on the phone, but another expert can do it for you if you wish. If you were to book the phone service, then you may have to wait a little while until another expert becomes free and accepts your phone request.

I will try to help you as much as possible via chat.

I am sorry that you are having this problem! Please give me a few minutes to check what kind of device you have and download the correct documents. If you have not written the model number or manufacturer please write it to me now.

I ask you now for a little patience.

Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 14 days ago.

This error message means that you have problems with your motor. There are two carbon brushes on the motor that wear out quickly depending on age and use. These two carbon brushes can also be worn out and need to be replaced. Would you like to do it yourself or book a repair? I could give you further instructions accordingly.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
How easy is it to do myself?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It’s fine I will try to sort it myself. Thank you for you help
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 14 days ago.

Here is a link for a general video instruction for you as an overview where it is explained how to replace the carbon brushes. You can watch the video once and decide if you want to do it or not:

https://youtu.be/C0BT1Zf5Gkc

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Expert:  Erdal Zal replied 14 days ago.

Please good luck and success