KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I’ve own a hotpoint washing machine. It keeps filling up

Hi. I’ve own a hotpoint washing machine. It keeps filling up with water every time I empty a clean wash. Can you help please. It’s about 7-8 months old.
JA: Is your Hotpoint washer top or front loading?
Customer: Front
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: about a month. I tried opening the front of the machine to see if there was anything clogged up in there to make this happen, but it’s fine.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No really.

Good day and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Hotpoint washing machine.

Please provide its complete model number (from the label/rating plate located inside the door).

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
WK U.K. N *****

Thank you for the model number.

Please allow few minutes while I check its schematics and then type the answer.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
You just charged me £16
This is a new washing machine
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Why have you just charged me £16 for work on a machine that is less than 6 months old???
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
you’ve now become conveniently unavailable.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
What happened??? Besides you taking £16 from my VISA card and not being able to even assist me, or EVEN TALK TO ME. ?????

Well, I told you to please allow few minutes so I can check its schematics, and then type the answer, and that is what I was doing.

The automated phone call message is optional and premium service.

Sorry, I am not available for phone calls, and I am happy to help this way.

However, if you opt for phone call then another expert will call you based on their availability.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
But you certainly took my money and now too busy to talk

Also, please understand this is not an immediate service as we are not always available here.

Moreover, we have to check the schematics before we can provide you with an accurate answer.

However, I will now try to respond as soon as I can.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

If you do not get a call, a refund will be made.

For payments, membership, cancellations etc. please contact customer support.

Sorry, I can only provide technical assistance and do not deal in payments.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Do I have to spend another £16 now to have the privilege of finally talking to someone???

The issue with your appliance is that either the water inlet valve and/or the control board is faulty, and will need replacement.

You may unplug the appliance, remove the inlet hose and clean it.

Also, clean the inlet valve, then reconnect everything and plug it back.

However, if the issue is still there, then inlet valve is faulty, and will need replacement.

Your appliance is covered under 1 year warranty with Hotpoint.

Alternatively, you may call Hotpoint at 03448 225 225 to book in warranty repair.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
The phone people are too busy to talk to me. Can I have my £16 back please???

Yes, are you unable to read my messages sent earlier ?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
please refund back my £16 for the work you’ve done today please??? Because you haven’t done any work. All you’ve successfully completed is taking £16.00 from me, for doing absolutely nothing. This is criminal and you are a complete and utter and expensive waste of time. I will be reporting you for this thieving mentality which has resulted in you immediately taking £16 from my card for absolutely nothing. You’re a criminal.

Well, you are repeating yourself, I am trying to help you out here, and you are not reading the messages.

Here are all the messages and answer again, if you have not received/read earlier:

----------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

____________________________________________________________

And here is the answer:

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
help me online then please??
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I’m still waiting for help online??

And here is the answer:

And here is the answer:

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Please refund the £16 from my Visa card please??

Please read and contact customer support for refund!

I do not deal in payments, also, I do not like your tone, as all I am doing is trying to help you.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Customer, well you certainly work for a bunch of crooks. Who else immediately takes your money then informs you that there’s nobody around to help you?? This’s daylight robbery. And you know it.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
163;16 for a live phone call that doesn’t exist? What do you call that??
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
this online conversation. What help is that providing for my broken washing machine? NONE is the answer.

This website is as genuine as yourself.

You are not reading the messages, ignoring everything and you have not even tried to clean the inlet hose and inlet valve which I recommended.

You are just talking about your £16, for which I already told you that you have to contact customer support for refund.

Moreover, if the inlet valve is faulty, it has to be replaced and your washing machine is under warranty.

The ANSWER was already given to you many times.

You may call CUSTOMER SUPPORT at 0808(###) ###-####or chat with them at https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/contact-us.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
This’s is not a personal attack on you Sir. It’s just not right that the company that you work for snatches £16 from my bank account and is never around to talk to. Customer support are conveniently unavailable.
Have a lovely day, Sir.

No, this company is excellent and I know that, if you have left your message for customer support or tried calling them, then they will respond soon.

If you still have any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

You too have a lovely day.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No, you have been extremely helpful. It was worth paying for the £16, just to listen to your professional information.
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Screw the £16 and those thieves down at that hell whole.