canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

I need my AEG coffee machine repaired, LM7000 Product codeIt

Customer Question

I need my AEG coffee machine repaired
JA: Do you know the model of your AEG coffee maker? How old is it?
Customer: LM7000 Product code###-##-####It must be at least 3 years old.
JA: How long has this been going on with your AEG coffee maker? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About 3 days. I have tried running it with no capsule in case the holes are blocked but it made no difference. The machine does not brew the coffee just blasts it through the capsule with grouts ending up in the mug. I have regularly descaled it.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I have tried to book a repair through the insurance on the machine but they could not book one and told me to go book a local repair and claim the money.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Please answer
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Hello?
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 9 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the repair field for over 20 years. I am sorry you are having issues with your AEG coffee machine. I will be glad to help you today.

I'm happy to help you decide if you need to get your appliance professionally repaired or if you can manage the repair yourself. However, sometimes it takes me time to type out a more extended response; please be patient!

You may have coffee grounds stuck in your exit needle. The needle should be an easy fix. Use a paperclip to clean the exit needle, and remove the brew basket to wash it thoroughly with soap and water. The blockage causes the coffee to back up in the exit tube, which causes the grounds overflowing into the cup.

Do you have any additional questions or concerns?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
How do I find the exit needle?
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I ran it several times with no capsule in until it ran clear

The exit needle is where the coffee comes out.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Thanks I will check.

You are very welcome.

Please reach out to me if anything changes or if you need to chat further!

You can add me to your favorites from the "My Questions" page, and if you start the question with the words "For canuck the pro," that will request me.

I surely want to be your go-to expert. Maybe I can tell you some household things that might be helpful. How to flush your water heater, maintain your dishwasher, or anything else that would be helpful to you. Thank you so much for allowing me to help with this today.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
it is clear so that is not the problem

Have you descaled the machine?

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

A blockage will still have to be removed, or the grounds will not go into the cup.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
I use an AEG water filter that decalcifies, and have changed it. I also only use filtered water in the machine.
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That is the problem the grounds are ending up in the cup along with hot water. Not brewed coffee

There is still a blockage that is causing the problem. Maybe it would be best to contact a local repair service. 

Our service is advice only.

You would have to contact a local repair service.

I am only familiar with my area, so I would only be googling it and blindly recommending someone.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
That is the only reason I contacted JustAnswer. For a repair service.

Unfortunately, our service is advice only.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
you cannot advise how to get hold of a repairer?

I am sorry for any confusion. You will have to search for repair services in your area or contact the manufacturer directly.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
OK. How do I cancel my Just Answer membership?

You can contact customer service about any financial agreement issues. https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us

Customer: replied 9 days ago.

You are very welcome.