drcool299
drcool299, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  I have been an Appliance tech for the past 28 years. Worked on most of the branded appliances.
11923974

We have a haier freezer which is relatively new, but seems

Customer Question

We have a haier freezer which is relatively new, but seems to have become eratic with the temperature, but now the compressor is not running, just the fan so it is not cooling. Not sure if its electronics or mechanical issue.
JA: Do you know the model of your Haier freezer? How old is it?
Customer: just a minute I'll find the model number
JA: How long has this been going on with your Haier freezer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: its H2F-255WSAA, we don't live at the property but last week the occupants complained it was HH and beeping, though one of them seemed to fix that, I visited on Monday and it was -13 but set for -18, I checked the bins and door seals etc, and closed it whereupon later it was only -04, then -03. We switched off for a few minutes and left it then on again but soon after the compressor stopped working it was +06 when we left, but wr had empties all the food and stored it another freezer.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: how do you mean?
Expert:  drcool299 replied 11 days ago.

I am Francis and welcome to Just Answer. I have been a filed service technician for the past 31 years servicing all kinds of branded appliances. I am sorry to hear that you are having an issue with your unit.

With the symptoms stated, I would say, it could be a bad thermostat, or an overheating compressor.

The HH alarm is an indication that the unit is warm.

When the compressor run, the unit would cool down, how ever, if the thermostat triggers the compressor to turn off because it has reached set temperature, it take time for it to turn it back on unless someone would turn the thermostat or give it a blow to make contact in order for the compressor to run. This is a sticky thermostat, as we say.

Another probable cause would be an overheating compressor.

Somehow, the compressor is overheating due to a bad winding, or an overloaded situation where it would cool a lot of food inside the freezer.

If the thermal overload inside the compressor would trip off, it takes about 3 hours to reset and this would be the time where the unit would warm up.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Where would we find the thermostat on this model Haier H2F-255WSAA, is it electronic or mechanical thanks
Expert:  drcool299 replied 11 days ago.

Let me read your manual first. Please stand by.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
We not at the property, so can’t try anything whilst speaking with you
Expert:  drcool299 replied 11 days ago.

The thermostat is by the front door and it is digital.

If it is digital, then the problem could either be the relay that turns on the compressor or the temperature sensor that could be sending the wrong signal to the controller.

The relay is inside the electronic controller.

Expert:  drcool299 replied 11 days ago.

While near the unit, I would say, pull it forward and observe the compressor if it is running, vibrating and when the unit would warm up, check again the compressor if it is still vibrating or not.

By the way, the compressor is normally very hot but if it is not vibrating, it could have triggered the thermal overload inside the compressor.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thsnks
Expert:  drcool299 replied 11 days ago.

You’re very much welcome. Glad I was able to help.

If you want to ask questions directly to me in the future, please chose me as your favorite expert on the start up page.

Thank you for using Just Answer.

Please stay safe.