Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My fridge freezer just stop working, has 2 blue flashing

Customer Question

hi, my fridge freezer just stop working, has 2 blue flashing lights and cant hear motor
JA: What's the brand and model of your fridge? How old is it?
Customer: model is FFU3D K
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i get it second hand, but my friend has the same for 7 years from new, i tried press buttons randomly, power off and on, nothing help
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: my food starts melting
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 days ago.

Hi, Im Daniel and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your fridge, Hopefully i can help you on this.

You may get an offer for a phone request, Now im afraid i dont do them as i only do the online chat so if you dont want the phone request then just ignore it.

To reset the flashing lights you need to turn the appliance off by the controls on the top.

Press and hold the far 2 left buttons together for a few seconds and it will turn off.

Then press the same 2 buttons again to turn on and it will have reset the flashing lights.

As to the fridge stopping working if you feel the compressor at the back is this hot to touch?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i did reset lights, compressor is warm
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
i just need engeneer to come, look, fix, pay and go
Expert:  Daniel replied 6 days ago.

Ok best thing to do is call Hotpoint customer care on 03448 224 224 and they can arrange a fixed price repair for you on this.