Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My fridge gas started making a loud buzzing noise for a

Hi, my fridge gas started making a loud buzzing noise for a minute or so every few hours, loud enough that it can be heard from other rooms, just wondered if there was a quick fix for this or if it's something that would need someone to come out and fix it? Thanks
JA: How old is your fridge? Does the noise get louder or softer when changing the temperature setting?
Customer: Just over a year old, I changed the temp down but it's still made the loud noise since
JA: How long has this been going on with your refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: About a week, I've just cleaned dust off the back but couldn't see any other problems
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: It might not be as cool as it should be, but we can't really tell, it's still cold but doesn't seem as cold as it should be, don't have a thermometer to check

Hi, Im Daniel and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your fridge, Hopefully i can help you on this.

You may get an offer for a phone request, Now im afraid i dont do them as i only do the online chat so if you dont want the phone request then just ignore it.

Can you post the make and model number please.

Also when you say the gas is making a buzzing noise is this from inside the appliance?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Sorry that was meant to say 'my fridge has started making a loud buzzing noise' - typo. It seems to be louder when the fridge door is open but otherwise is coming from the back.Unsure which numbers are the make & model, sorry if these are wrong:
H3T 811I W 1
859991621630
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
As in 'has' not 'gas'

Arh ok thats fine.

If its a buzzing noise then on these ive seen the fridge damper cause this kind of fault.

So you really need to find were the noise is coming from.

If its inside the fridge at the back then its usually the damper that causes this.

Not sure if you are looking at fixing yourself then if so then to replace this you need to remove the rear panel inside the fridge and you can access the damper from there.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
For someone totally not handy would it be an easy fix or better just to have someone come fix it for me?

If your not handy then you will be best getting someone in to sort it for you then im afraid.

You can contact Hotpoint on 03448 224 224 and they can sort this for you.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
Alright no worries thanks very much for your help

Your welcome.