Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

My oven door lock won’t open, ive tried turning it off for a

Customer Question

My oven door lock won’t open
JA: Have you tried resetting your oven by unplugging it for 60 seconds then plugging it back in? How old is it?
Customer: ive tried turning it off for a few minutes. It’s a couple of weeks old
JA: How long has this been going on with your oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: i came home from work just now and the door was locked. No one was at home all day. It was fine two days ago. I’ve tried turning off the child lock function but it just beeps and says “safe”
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: no
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 days ago.

Hi, Im Daniel and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your oven, Hopefully i can help you on this.

You may get an offer for a phone request, Now im afraid i dont do them as i only do the online chat so if you dont want the phone request then just ignore it.

Can you post the make and model number if you have it please.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Hi Daniel. It’s a Zanussi ZOPNX6K2
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 days ago.

Thanks for that.

If its showing SAFE then its in lock mode.

To turn the lock off you need to press and hold the clock button and the C degree buttos together for about 5 seconds and that should turn it off from there.

Try that and see how it goes.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Nothing. It beeps a few times but is still locked
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 days ago.

So doing the above isnt turning the safe mode off?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
No. It just flashes “safe” at me and stays locked.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 days ago.

Ok if its not turning the safe off then it can only be a faulty control board im afraid.

As thers only 1 way to turn the safe mode off and thats by holding the clock and the C button together.

If this isnt working them im afraid its looking like a faulty control board.

Might be worth turning the power off to the oven and leaving it for about 30 minutes and then retry it and see how it goes from there.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok. I’ve turned off the power. If that doesn’t work after 30 mins what are my options? Service call-out?
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 days ago.

If it doesnt work then give Zanussi a call on 03445 616 616.

They usually do repair plans for faulty appliances so see what deals they have as they should be able to sort it for you from there.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok. Thanks. Fingers crossed. It’s less than a month old. Only been used a few times.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 days ago.

Ok if its brand new then it will be under warranty so still call the number and they can sort it free of charge for you from there.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Expert:  Daniel replied 11 days ago.

Your welcome