Daniel
Daniel, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience in white goods repair. NVQ Level 2 electronics manufacturers training courses.
15468697

I love my hotpoint invertermotor 9kg washing machine but

Customer Question

I love my hotpoint invertermotor 9kg washing machine but today burning rubber smoke coming out of the drum its not even 1 year old what should I do. I don't want anyone to look at it except someone from hotpoint since it's under gauretee
JA: Is your Hotpoint washer top or front loading?
Customer: Front
JA: How long has this been going on with your Hotpoint washer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Just today not tried anything I'm not qualified
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: No
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 days ago.

Hi, Im Daniel and welcome to Just Answer. Sorry to hear you are having trouble with your washer, Hopefully i can help you on this.

You may get an offer for a phone request, Now im afraid i dont do them as i only do the online chat so if you dont want the phone request then just ignore it.

If you want this checked out by Hotpoint then you need to call them on 03448 224 224 and they can arrange for one of there engineers to call out and check it for you.

But sometimes this can happen if an item of clothing has got caught up in the lip of the door seal.

If you turn the drum by hand is it noisy?

If not then it sounds like somthing has just got caught up in there.

Might be worth trying a rinse cycle with nothing in it and see if this is fine.

But if you want it checked over first then call the number above and they can sort an engineer out for you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Thankyou will deal with it Friday as working tonight and tomorrow night. Thanks Daniel
Expert:  Daniel replied 8 days ago.

No worries thats fine.