KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

We have a Siemens integrated dishwasher, approx 5 years old

Hi, We have a Siemens integrated dishwasher, approx 5 years old and the spray arms have stopped spinning. Checked for food remnants and they appear to be clear.
JA: Do you know the model of your Siemens dishwasher?
Customer: SN636X00KG
JA: How long has this been going on with your Siemens dishwasher? What have you tried so far?
Customer: a couple of weeks. We noticed the tablets weren't dissolving so tried some new ones. Also noted salt was low so filled up the dispenser.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: don't think so. It all sounds like it's working. Water is hot. Drying function fine but I've noted the arms stay in the same position. We've removed them and checked for food etc.

Good morning and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Siemens Dishwasher.

How old is it ?

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
5 years

Please allow few minutes while I check its schematics and then type the answer.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Ok thanks

This indicates a fault with water distributor or water switch motor, that is faulty, and will need replacement.

When this is faulty, it will not circulate water hence, the spray arms are not working.

If you want to replace it yourself, you will have to unplug it, and pull it out.

Then remove the top and sides off the appliance, then you can replace the motor.

Alternatively, you may call Siemens at 03448 928 999 to book repair.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
ok. Water is still coming out of the spray arms as the crockery etc is getting wet when i've checked mid cycle, it's just the arms appear to be in same position each time. Are the faults above still likely to be the cause?

Sorry stepped away for few minutes.

Yes, water may be coming however, the pressure may be low hence, it is not spinning.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
thanks.

You're welcome and Good Luck.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful day.