KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

Towela, I have a Zanussi washer dryer bought under the name

Hello, towela
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Hello, I have a Zanussi washer dryer bought under the ***** ***** name in 2017. Recently the bath towels and sheets have had black straight marks on them when I remove the clothes from the machine. I always use Fairy pods, low temperature (30/40 degrees) and the quick wash. The marks wash off quite easily. I have washed the grey gasket but there seems to be black stuff between the metal drum and the black rubber. It does not seem to be grease. It is a thick, black deposit. Can you please help? Thanks, Dorothy
JA: Do you know the model of your Zanussi washer-dryer? How old is it?
Customer: JLWD1613. I bought it in December 2016 but it was installed in January 2017.
JA: How long has this been going on with your Zanussi washer-dryer? What have you tried so far?
Customer: 2/3 weeks. I only use it about 2 times a week so this has only happened to the sheets and towels not smaller items.So far I have used Cif cream cleaner to clean the grey gasket Also cleaned the black channel behind that with a toothbrush. The deposit is not so bad there now BUT the built up seems to be between the black seal and tucked up into the under rim of the drum.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I think I have given you all that I know. The machine seems to be working as usual. I did do a hot cycle after I had cleaned the door seals to clear any debris. The drum turns freely by hand and seems to be working normally.

Good morning Dorothy and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Zanussi washer dryer.

Please allow few minutes while I check its schematics and then type the answer.

These issues may occur if door seal requires cleaning or it is worn out, as it will rub against the drum and cause these type of issues.

Please try this:

You will have to unplug the appliance and take a dry cloth, wipe inside the door, and clean the door seal.

After the cleaning is done, reconnect everything and plug it back.

Then use 2 washing machine descalers (1 in drawer and 1 in drum) and select an empty wash cycle on its hottest setting.

Please let it complete and then wait for around 1 hour before opening the door.

Now, after one hour unplug it again and then clean the drain pump filter located at the bottom front of appliance and clean the drum and door seal.

If you have ground coffee (you may pour it in a bowl/cup) and leave it for one day inside the drum.

Then next day after all this is done select another empty wash cycle on its hottest setting with washing machine detergent.

Let this complete then, leave it unplugged few hours this time with door open.

The problem should be resolved now and there should not be any black marks on the clothes.

However, if the issue is still there, you will have to replace the door seal.

Alternatively, you may call Zanussi at 03445 610 645 to book repair.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful day.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
THANKS YOUR ADVICE. SHALL TRY YOUR SOLUTION. THE WATER HERE IN ABERDEEN IS SOFT NOT HARD ie THE PARENT ROCK IS GRANITE NOT LIMESTONE. DOES YOUR ADVICE STILL APPLY?

I understand, yes my solution still remains the same.

Please get back for further assistance.