KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a Bosch double oven HBM 56B550. The oven is off and

I have a Bosch double oven HBM 56B550 B. The oven is off and has power to it. The Main oven childproof lock symbol is showing to the right of the current time. I have tried to switch the lock off by pressing and holding the lock symbol button as instructed in the manual but the lock remains on. And therefore I cannot turn the main oven on. I have tried turning the power off for a few minutes and then turning it on again but to no avail. Help please
JA: What happened just before your Bosch oven displayed this message?
Customer: as far as i know it was used in exactly the same way as we have always used it. We have never used the childproof function
JA: How long has this been going on with your Bosch oven? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The symbol appeared yesterday and since then we have not been able to use the main oven I have tried to switch the lock off by pressing and holding the lock symbol button as instructed in the manual but the lock remains on. And therefore I cannot turn the main oven on. I have tried turning the power off for a few minutes and then turning it on again but to no avail
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: not that i can think of

Good day and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Bosch Oven.

Please allow few minutes while I check its schematics and then type the answer.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
OK

The automated phone call message is optional and premium service.

Sorry, I am not available for phone calls, and I am happy to help this way.

However, if you opt for phone call then another expert will call you based on their availability.

Please press and hold the KEY Symbol for around 10 seconds to unlock the control.

That should solve the issue, if there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Having referred to the manual I have tried this - many times - but it does not work!
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
The symbol remains on

OK, was there a power surge ?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Not that I am aware of. We have not had any problems with any other of our appliances. I have also tried turning the Oven power of for a few minutes and then turning it on again but the lock symbol remains

OK, please try this:

Leave it unplugged for around 40 minutes.

While it is unplugged, press and hold each and every button (one at a time) for around 10 seconds.

Then plug it back, after 40 minutes, if key symbol appears press and hold the KEY button for around 20 seconds to unlock the control.

If the issue is still there, I am afraid, the touch control is faulty, and will need replacement.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
OK Hope it works

Fingers crossed.

Alternatively, you may call Bosch at 03448 928 979 to book repair.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.

You're welcome and Good Luck.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful day.