James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

Vac carpet cleaner stop when start switch is released,

Vac carpet cleaner stop when start switch is released
JA: What's the brand and model of your vacuum? How old is it?
Customer: CDCW-SWXS BOUGHT IN AUG 2011
JA: How long has this been going on with your vacuum? What have you tried so far?
Customer: when we tried to use it today checked correct assembly and filled with 40deg water
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: cannot think of anything

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

The Vax fault suggests the switch has failed and not staying on when pressed and only running while the button is pressed, a repair can be arranged by calling 0330(###) ###-####

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.