James
James, Handyman
Experience:  I have repaired and maintained numerous items over the years, from fridges to freezers, radios to TV's.
75967336

My tv turns on the welcome screen shows then just 3 coloured

My tv turns on the welcome screen shows then just 3 coloured dots
JA: What's the brand and model of your appliance? How old is it?
Customer: Lg 55uh85ov
JA: How long has this been going on with your LG appliance? What have you tried so far?
Customer: been about a week, I tried to hard reset it, I can not turn the tv off using the on/off button on tv, only remote
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: every reset option I tried failed, I don't know anything else I can do
Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Here is the dots

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is***** a technician with over 10 years of experience, and I'll be assisting you today. Sorry to hear your having issues, please stand by while I look into the problem for you, this is not an immediate service however I will try and respond as soon as possible.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok thank you

This means the main board has failed and needs replaced, you can source a replacement board here

It was a pleasure to assist you today. I hope the above answers the question. If you are happy for the question to be closed there is no need to reply (as this will reopen the question), however do let me know if you have any follow up questions.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
James answered my question and sent me the link to purchase the part I needed, there were no messing about with resetting this that and other, great service thank you

Have a great day, there is no need to reply back, however should you need further assistance please do come back to me.