KevinWhiteJA
KevinWhiteJA, Home Appliance Technician
Experience:  18+ years experience as Appliance Tech.
70193065

I have a Lamona 50:50 integrated Fridge Freezer (LAM6250).

I have a Lamona 50:50 integrated Fridge Freezer (LAM6250). It has stopped working and food is defrosting. I've checked the plug and socket and changed the fuse - all working. What can I do? Should I call out an technician? Andy
JA: How old is your Lamona fridge?
Customer: 3 yrs old
JA: How long has this been going on with your Lamona refrigerator? What have you tried so far?
Customer: Noticed it wasn't working this morning and thought I might have left the door open overnight. But that is not the case.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: That covers it but don't want to waste a freezer full of food

Good day Andy and Welcome to Justanswer,

My name is ***** ***** I will assist you today.

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with your Lamona Fridge Freezer.

Please allow few minutes while I check its schematics and then type the answer.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hello Kevin, I'm waiting for a response

When the door is left open by mistake, ice may build up inside the rear wall (on the evaporator) and will cause these type of issues.

This indicates there is temperature issue, and/or an air flow problem due to heavy ice build-up inside the rear wall of the appliance.

Please try this to solve the issue:

Leave it unplugged and empty with door open for around 5-24 hours.

Then plug it back (expect some water on the floor) and wait for another 3-8 hours so it gets back to optimum temperature.

The problem should be resolved.

However, if the issue appears again then the problem is with defrost operation.

You will have to test/replace the temperature sensor and/or defrost heater element to resolve the issue.

Alternatively, you may call Lamona at 0333(###) ###-####to book repair.

If there is anything else I can help you with, please let me know.

Yes, was typing it, please read and follow my previous advise to solve the issue.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I've checked the freezer section and the fan at the back seems to be blowing cold air. The freezer is very full and something could have been blocking the fan. Could this be the problem?
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
By the way this is a frost free 50:50 integrated freezer

Yes, that may be the problem however, frost free will not work if the door is left open overnight and ice has build up inside the rear. I hope you understand.

I understand your freezer is full however, at the moment, if you try above advise, that will solve the issue.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
I don't think I left the door open overnight.... It was the only way it could have defrosted short of a mechanical breakdown
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Will go downstairs and check to see if it is still working - and make sure nothing is blocking the fan

If the appliance is plugged in, and door is open, this will build up ice.

You may make sure nothing is blocking the fan and then leave it plugged in with its door closed for few hours, then check if it is working.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
thanks. I've cleared space round the fan and it is blowing cold air. Will check in a few hours to see if it working. How do I sign out?

I understand, you may sign out from top right corner of this page.

This remains open till you want hence, you can get back for further assistance.

I hope I was able to answer your question.

If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert.

You'll have the option to do that on your "My Questions" page if you choose to rate our interaction or you can request me by name if you wish.

Have a wonderful evening.

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi: checked freezer this morning. Fan working but not freezing contents. Can you help?
If you have already waited for 8 hours after plugging it back, and the issue is still there, I am afraid this indicates fault with defrost thermostat.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Kevin, can this fault be repaired? And how ? - assume it would need a visit from a technician.
Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Hi Kevin - have you seen the above? I need to get the freezer fixed asap. Andy Peake
Good morning,

Sorry, I was offline yesterday, when you sent the messages.

Yes, it can be repaired, if you want to replace the spares yourself, you will have to unplug it, then remove the drawers, then remove the rear panel and then you can replace the sensor.

Customer: replied 3 days ago.
The appliance is still not working. Fan on overnight but does not freeze or cool.
Customer: replied 3 days ago.
I am 76 yes old with cancer. For me this is an emergency.

I understand however, I am afraid, we do not provide home repairs.

You may either contact Local refrigeration engineer or call Lamona at the number given earlier to book repair.