canuck the pro
canuck the pro, Plumber
Experience:  Plumber
64367226

My bush iron isn't heating up. It is receiving power but the

My bush iron isn't heating up. It is receiving power but the plate is still cold. How can I fix this
JA: What's the brand and model of your iron? How old is it?
Customer: Bush IN 452, I don't know how old it is but it's never been used
JA: The Appliance Technician can help you find the model number for your iron; I'll connect you shortly. How long has this been going on with your iron? What have you tried so far?
Customer: The model number is ***** it has never been used before as far as I know. This is the first time that I tried to use it. Not tried anything else except switching on and off.
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: The iron is getting power. The light and the alarm both work. I cannot test the steam as it's not getting hot. The water spray works. It has an audible alarm that works. The cable is intact, there are no marks or kinks in it

Hi, my name is ***** ***** I have been in the repair field for over 20 years. I am sorry you are having issues with your Bush steam iron. I will be glad to help you today.

I'm happy to help you decide if you need to get your appliance professionally repaired or if you can manage the repair yourself. However, sometimes it takes me time to type out a more extended response; please be patient!

There are several reasons your steam iron might not be steaming.

1. The steam hose is not secure. Unplug it and plug it back in.

2. The iron has been dormant. Moving the iron will activate it again.

3. The iron is not turned on.

4. The iron is in the middle of a rinsing cycle. The iron must complete the cycle.

5. The steam button has not been pushed.

6. The temperature controller is not set to a high enough temp.

7. The steam button is locked.

8. The steamer is attached to the steam connection on the tower. The ironing board does not heat up when the steamer is connected.

9. The ironing board is not locked into place.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
None of the replies are applicable, are you sure you have the correct iron model. This is a BUSH domestic appliance Model No IN452.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No sorry, I don't have the money to be able to call

Do you plan on repairing it yourself?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I was hoping it might be something simple, or maybe I was using it wrong.

Do any lights come on? Have you reviewed the manual for cleaning or operation directions?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
all the lights are on. The LED display works and changes when the button is depressed.the audio alarm works as well. There is no obvious damage to the iron to indicate that it has been damaged.

Have you reviewed the manual for cleaning or operation directions?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I am trying to get them on line just now

Do you still have the manual? I cannot find a match for the model number provided.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No, I don't have it yet

Do you have a multimeter, and are you familiar with testing voltages?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No, looking at it, I would need a specific screw driver to just get the case off. Guess I will just have to get a new iron.

Do you have any additional questions or concerns?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
No thanks

You are very welcome.

Please reach out to me if anything changes or if you need to chat further!

You can add me to your favorites from the "My Questions" page, and if you start the question with the words "For canuck the pro," that will request me.

I surely want to be your go-to expert. Maybe I can tell you some household things that might be helpful. How to flush your water heater, maintain your dishwasher, or anything else that would be helpful to you. Thank you so much for allowing me to help with this today.