Wayne, Appraiser
Experience:  Appraiser

I have a number of paintings that I wish to sell. I am looking

I have a number of paintings that I wish to sell. I am looking for information about provenance and an idea of value and how to go about selling the pieces. Two of these are signed by "G. F. Wilson" but I having difficulty to track down the artist online. They are oil on panel and 10" x 8" in size, depicting naval battles. I can send detailed photographs if needed.

Hi Jimmy,

Can you post photos of these?

Click the paperclip icon
Click the Browse icon
Click the Browse button
Select your file and click Open
Click OK
Click Insert
Click Save Changes on this page

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Hi Wayne,

I have attached the photos. They look like they might be from the Napoleonic era but I'm wondering whether the artist is contemporary.

Hi Jimmy,

Can you post a photo of the back of one of them?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Wayne,

I bought them at an auction so there's a certificate of authenticity attached (but nothing behind it) Apologies the photo is upside down.

Hi Jimmy,
These are newer painting done to look like they are antique. These were most likely done in Indonesia. They are original paintings copying late 18th to early 19th style Dutch paintings in fact, both paintings have Dutch flags and one has a French flag. These are worth 80-100 pounds each at auction and 200 Pounds each insurance value. I'm sorry but I must be honest with you.