Wayne
Wayne, Appraiser
Experience:  Appraiser
67223111

I have a 3/4 size 'copy' of Caravaggio's Supper at Emmaus.

I have a 3/4 size 'copy' of Caravaggio's Supper at Emmaus. It is an oil painting I believe not a photo or other mechanical reproduction. It is exceptionally good copy in my humble opinion. An idea about who made such copies. It appears very old and my hunch is that it may have been in a church at some stage. I can email photos to you. Many thanks, Andrew.

This is Wayne I am a verified expert in antiques and I can help you with this. Can you post photos of this, fromy and back?

http://ww2.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert-0

Thanks ,

Wayne

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi Wayne Please see pic below. Kind regards Andrew.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Pic attached Thanks Andrew

Please post a photo of the back of the painting and tell me the dimensions.

Thanks,

Wayne

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Hi The dimensions are 1,416mm x 975mm. its on a canvas. The back looks like it got some water damage but it does not see to have affected the picture that is noticeable. I just noticed from this back view that it was probably cropped into a smaller frame at some stage in its existence. Thank you Andrew.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Not sure if sent first time as I get no confirmation.
Judging by the back of the canvas, your painting is over 50 years old. This was most likely commissioned by a church. Similar paintings in style, age, quality and size are selling for $600-800 at auction and insurance value is $1200.
Thanks,
Wayne
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Many thanks Wayne. Andrew.

Thanks again,

Please take time to rate my service.