Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I would like to a valuation on a pair of red lacquered

Hello there! I would like to a valuation on a pair of red lacquered Chinese wedding cabinets.
Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: They are presumably from the late 19th century, the late Qing dynasty. But I can't tell if they are originals or reproductions.
Assistant: Is there anything else the Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: They are approximately 130cm high and have two doors opening on 5 fixed shelves

My name isCustomerand I'd love to help.
Use the +Add Files feature next to the SEND button to upload photos of the item, including maker's marks.
The feature works best when you add ONE picture, put a word in the text box, hit send, then do the next.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
These are the two cabinets
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here the shelves
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
A detail of the painted decoration
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Another detail
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Here's a damage on one of the two cabinets
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What do you think?

This is an authentic pair of late Qing (1880) red lacquer wedding cabinets.

Red lacquer from this period being a combination of tung oil and cinnabar.

The wear to the gold is appropriate and the crackling in areas of the lacquer is commensurate with age.

The value of each cabinet is $3500 to $4000 retail.

Some sites that I recommend for selling on your own are www.loveseat.com (in CA),
Vinterior.com (in Europe), Pamono.com, Offerup.com (local), Varagesale.com (local), http://www.revueconsignment.com/ (in Ohio),
Chairish.com, Ioffer.com, and letgo.com (local).
You can also go to invaluable.com or liveauctioneers.com and search their directory for an auction house near you and consign to them.
They do all of the work and you get a check 14 to 45 days after the sale minus their 15% to 25% (negotiable!) commission.
***Please take a moment to click the five stars. Bonuses are also welcome! ***

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you very much for this!

I really appreciate the good feedback.
I look forward to working with you again soon.
You can request me, but requests only last 3 minutes.
To get me again, start a new question and put "ForCustomerOnly" as the first words you write.

You can also 'favorite' me, that way I should show up as your personal Expert for antiques and appraisals.