Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

Could you please give me a valuation for two Edmund Blair

Could you please give me a valuation for two Edmund Blair Leighton antique prints. Ages approx. 1800s. Framed - looks like mahogany with an affixed brass title of print at base. Signed. Sizes are approx. 31.5 inches height by 25 inches width including frames.
One is "God Speed"
One is "The Accolade"
Both in faded black and white but very good condition. Frames in good condition. Backings are worn with some tears in what looks like old brown paper. These prints look very old. They belonged to a lady who has now passed away and are being sold by her daughter. Your appraisal would be appreciated asap as i am to view these prints on Monday 12th March!! Many thanks

My name is ***** ***** I would love to help. The next step would be for me to see pictures of the art,
signatures if any and back of completed framing for any writing or labels.
Use the Add Files feature on your screen to add pictures one at a time.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
OK these prints are for sale on eBay so not sure how to get those photos to you. Leave this with me and i’ll Go check the item no. so you could maybe go online and check them out yourself?

Yes, you can add the item numbers here and I can go look.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
EBay item no. 401494354369

Hmm, I am not getting a result for that number in active or sold items.

Try going to that item and copying the url (the web address) up in the address bar and pasting it here.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I just sent into EBay UK and put this item no. in the search bar and the prints came right up!

Ah, I see the problem. I am in the US. I switched to EbayUk and I see one print there.

Let me do some work and I will write back.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There are two prints as per my original appraisal query. “God Speed” and “The Accolade”. Please check out ALL the photos

These are sepia-toned prints of the 1900 and 1901 oil paintings God Speed and The Accolade

by English artist Edmund Leighton Blair (1852-1922), a pre-raphaelite painter.

These were printed in the 1902 to 1910 time period based on the common period of how long after a painting was created that prints were usually available. These can't be from the 1800's as you stated in your original question because the original paintings were not created until 1900 and 1901. The value of the prints is at the most £200 each.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Is that value based on the prints alone or as pictured in frames?

As they are, in the frames.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.

To end this one, please click the five stars in the upper right and hit submit.
A good feedback is the only way I am paid by the site.
This action does not cost you anything extra.