Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have a necklace which the beads graduated in size and is

Customer Question

I have a amber necklace which the beads graduated in size and is quite long. They are over 100 years old. I was wondering if they are worth anything? Thanks
Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: My grandfather was in the merchant navy and brought them back for my grandmother. He died in 1927 aged 35.
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?
Customer: They beads gradually get larger and and approximately 30" long
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Doris replied 3 months ago.

Welcome! Doris here. I will be pleased to work with you. My responses are not immediate. I thank
you for your patience. I am reviewing the question.

Are there any markings on the clasp?

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Well it is only on very hardwearing rope.....so no clasp and would need to be re strung
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
No im happy to continue like this
Customer: replied 3 months ago.
are you able to help?
Expert:  Doris replied 3 months ago.

May I have a picture? There is a huge variance in pricing in types.

I do not participate in the phone call services. The ad for a call was auto-generated by the site, not me.
I will still continue to work with you in writing an answer at no extra cost.

You will have the most accurate assessment if your expert sees pictures first.

I look forward to seeing your pictures.

Kind regards,

Doris