ncsunburst
ncsunburst, High School or GED
Experience:  I've been collecting for over 32 years and worked in the auction business for 25 years
61108514

Can you tell me the value of my Roger Desoutter picture and

Can you tell me the value of my Roger Desoutter picture and if it's the real thing? Appledore By Moonlight, see pictures.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
This is the back of it
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Back markings roger desoutter painting
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Front of painting, did you get it?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Close up of painting
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Close up desoutter painting
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
More close up pictures desoutter painting
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
more this one has a little bit of what looks like canvas white showing through.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The sky
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Fault in painting looks like the paint has come off and you can see white oil board underneath,
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
More of desoutter painting
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Are these brush Mark's on the painting
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I've done a close up and I can see what appears to be the canvas you can see the canvas as plain as day underneath, is this what it looks like to you?
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I'm happy to wait thank you for your brilliant answers, and for your expertise knowledge. Sandra

Hi, My name is ***** ***** it is my pleasure to assist you. Let me do a little research and I'll be back shortly. Thanks Mike

Hi, After my research your copy of Roger Desoutter is a well Known British Artist (born 1923) 'Appledore by Moonlight' and dates to the 1950's - 1960's this is one of the more popular copied paintings and has a value in today's market at auction with similar examples from good framed condition £60.00 + to excellent framed condition £95.00 + depending on the collector. I hope this helps you. Thanks Mike
If you need further assistance, please don't hesitate to ask
PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer by
using the stars so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
How do you know it's a copy

HI, This is a copy by looking at about 20 + different copies and in your last 2 photos I can see the that there are no brush strokes that you would normally see on the original oil on canvas paintings. Thanks Mike

Hi, I was wondering if you need further assistance with your Appledore by Moonlight? Thanks Mike

PLEASE remember if you're satisfied with my answer rate my answer

by using the STARS so I will be compensated by JustAnswer for helping you.

.

ncsunburst, High School or GED
Experience: I've been collecting for over 32 years and worked in the auction business for 25 years