Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I am wanting a 'vintage' piece of clothing valued please. I

I am wanting a 'vintage' piece of clothing valued please. I bought it second hand 10 years ago and was advertised as vintage then although I have no way of knowing its true age.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Black Giorgio Armani velvet cape with pearl effect cream trim to cuffs. Immaculate condition,
JA: Is there anything else the Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Size wise it's approx 55 cm deep (slightly longer at the back) 70 cm wide then arm to arm 140cm. Sleeve depth approx 30cm.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
4 images added

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

On a scale of 1-10 with 10 best what condition is this in?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Honestly I would say 10/10. I can find no faults with the item - sorry for my delay

No problem with the delay I understand

This is your answer, please read entirely.
.
The Black Giorgio Armani velvet cape Excellent condition has an estimated value on the current market for an average of 350.00-400.00 GBP Keep in mind that not all estimated values are obtained, your geographic area plays a big role in what prices can be obtained. If you plan on selling this I would list this for sell on the internet where it will have the largest shopping market. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
Etsy is a great site. Your town might even have a Facebook page dedicated to selling items (like an online garage sale). .
Ebay is a great option. It does reach a lot of people, but items tend to sell a little lower on there If you do decide to try Ebay,I recommend setting reserves.

It was a pleasure working for you. I would be happy to help you with any items in the future.
Just write " For Glenda Only"

Glenda,

This is done by clicking the stars, or a simple Thank you. If on a phone or other mobile device the place to rate is : top left right by my picture, it says "Rate expert to finish"

.
Please keep in mind I am only credited ( and compensated ) for my answer if you rate me positively.
.

PLEASE! IF you have any questions about this answer, please ask before rating.

Adding a bonus is on the Leave a Review page.

If you require further assistance, no worries, the question thread does not close even after leaving a rating.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Lovely thank you very much I appreciate your reply and shall rate you well.Kind regards
Alison

You are welcome