Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I have I gold statue can you help me with your experience to

Customer Question

I have I gold statue can you help me with your experience to give me a valuation for it ?
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Pics
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Analys Report
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is a gold tone small figurine made of base metals of iron (Fe), copper (Cu), silver(Ag), aluminum (Al) and manganese (Mg), with an added coating gold enamel paint, the statue valued at 100GBP as a mid to late 1800s gilt metal figurine.

There is no Au element of gold indicating this is not a gold figurine.

Here are some helpful suggestions for selling on your own online; Mercari.com, Wanelo.com, decluttr.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com.
I will also list the most popular local online classifieds where the buyer picks up from you; Varagesale.com (local), and letgo.com (local), 5miles.com (local).Your local Facebook Marketplace online is a good place to sell locally without having to ship.
To have someone else do the work for you, you can go to invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them. For the Uk, selency.uk, loveantiques.com are good and for Canada, kijiji.com is a great site for selling.

I would love to work with you again. For the next item, address the question with ToCustomeras the very first two words, then a brief description.
If another expert answers, feel free to let them know you'd like to work withCustomer

Please do Rate The Expert to Finish and click all five green stars at the very top of the page on the right.
The green five stars is the only way the site pays me separately from what you pay. Adding a bonus is optional and is on the Leave a Review page.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HiCustomerThe Report I attached from LPD Lab Services Ltd
Says the statue is 231g of solid gold and the Analysis I pay for to know how old the statue is. Thats way they compare the sample they took from the statue with gold leaf
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is not what the analysis says! It says the statue weighs 231 grams but does not say solid gold at all. The chart of the elements

states the piece is base metals of iron (Fe), copper (Cu), silver(Ag), aluminum (Al) and manganese (Mg). There is no Au (gold) even on this chart.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
they don't
even from the gold leaf they don't mention Au because its gold and they comparing the different so they know how old is the statue.
You can call the Lab.
But thats fine, do you know the name of the god or the finger?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The figure*
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  Rarewares replied 1 year ago.

This is a neoclassical figurine of a woman in robes holding a book to her chest, no specific goddess attributed.

IF the statue were comprised of gold, the value would be 11,390GBP. Do click all five green stars at the very top of the screen so that the site will credit me for helping you, thanks!