Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have an appraisal question regarding a 1 carat weight

Customer Question

I have an appraisal question regarding a 1 carat weight natural alexandrite solitaire ring.
Assistant: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes its turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It’s set in 18k white gold.
Assistant: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?
Customer: It was purchased for $14,000
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 10 months ago.

My name is Glenda,
I am reviewing your question.
I will return in just a moment.

You need to take this to a gemologist to be looked at in person.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Is that the answer?

I am letting you know the only way to have this valued is to have it looked at in person by a gemologist who can value this.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thank you. I wasn’t sure if that was the final answer because it appeared to be attached to a message that says you’re still working on it.I appreciate your help. Thank you.

You are very welcome.