twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser
Experience:  28 years of appraisal experience. Author of 3 books on collecting. President of the Association of Online Appraisers.
57035021

I have two antique large tea sets one blue and white

Customer Question

Hello, I have two antique large tea sets one blue and white Stafford china with windmills on, the other a very fine Japanese tea set with a typical Japanese design. Please could you give me an idea if these might be of any value? Thank you
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes it's turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else the Appraiser should be aware of?
Customer: Can I send photographs?
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Rarewares replied 8 months ago.

My name is Rarewares.

Attach pictures to this conversation on the justanswer.com website. Don't worry, you don't have to be a pro.

Use the light grey paper symbol (right next to the R in Reply) to browse your device for photos and upload.

Add one picture at a time with words in the message area before you send each photo.

Let me know some provenance, or history, and let me know the dimensions.

DO NOT text pictures to(###) ###-#### that is not my phone and I will not see those.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is the Japanese tea set. It belonged to my grandmother she brought it back from India in 1932. The diameter of the cups is 10cm and 14cm for a saucer. It is in good condition with no chips or cracks. The is very fine and translucent.

I do not do the live phone calls.

Please add a photo of the front of one plate and the mark on the back.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Is £16 for the whole tea set or for one cup and saucer? I've sent lots of pictures including the mark on the bottom

I only got one overhead photo. When you batch upload, only one comes through.

The l16 is the phone call price, I dont do those.