Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

My wife inherited a vase from her parents, it appears to be

my wife inherited a vase from her parents, it appears to be oriental in design but we have no idea what it is or if it has any value all she knows is that it is more than 70 years old
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes it's turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?
Customer: we cannot find any markings or stampings anywhere on the vase

My name is Rarewares.

Attach pictures to this conversation on the justanswer.com website. Don't worry, you don't have to be a pro.

Use the light grey paper symbol (right next to the R in Reply) to browse your device for photos and upload.

Add one picture at a time with words in the message area before you send each photo.

Let me know some provenance, or history, and let me know the dimensions.

DO NOT text pictures to 415-818-1925, that is not my phone and I will not see those.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello the vase is 10ins tall but has no obvious identifying marks??

I need to see the bottom.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hello there are no apparent marks

Thank you, I will work on this next and write my answer here.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Ok thankyou

This is a Chinese porcelain vase in iron red and blue with reserves of children at play, the color style

called Chinese Imari (even though Imari is typically Japanese), late 1800s, valued at $400 resale.

Here are suggestions for selling online- GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com, Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com. For the UK, selency.uk, loveantiques.com are good sites. For CANADA, kijiji.com is the most popular.

Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally. Here are other local online classifieds where the buyer picks up from you- Webstore.com, Varagesale.com (local), and letgo.com (local), and 5miles.com (local).

Use invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them if you don't want to do all of the work of listing and dealing with sellers.

I would love to work with you again! Add me as your "favorite" expert.
Post new questions with RAREWARES as the first written word no matter where you ask the question.
If another expert answers instead of me, let them know you are working with Rarewares.

Please click Rate The Expert to Finish and click all five green stars.
The green five stars is the only way the site pays me separately from what you pay
(the "How did we Do?" site survey is NOT rating the expert).
Adding a bonus is optional and is on the Leave a Review page after you click the stars.