Rarewares
Rarewares, Other
Experience:  Appraiser
68269273

I have found a chest of drawers from my grandad's home and i

Hi I have found a chest of drawers from my grandad's home and i have seen signs that it may be antique but I was wondering if somebody could confirm
JA: The Antiques Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Does the chest of drawers have a maker's mark or serial number?
Customer: I have found markings of different numbers on the sides of the drawers but cannot see a serial number
JA: Do you know how old the chest of drawers is? What condition is it in?
Customer: there is a sticker on the inside saying 'B & E furniture 1960, license number 2021' and besides needing a clean the condition is fairly ok
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Antiques Appraiser should know?
Customer: It has a carved pattern on the front which I cannot tell if it has been done by hand

My screen name is Rarewares.

I'd like to see the item and the marks, writing or labels on the bottom or back.

If you are on a computer, use the blue document with up arrow symbol by the SEND

to browse your device for a photo.

Write any word in the message box

then choose only ONE picture then send and do the next. It will not let you batch upload them all at once.

On mobile phone, upload them in this chat.

I will answer on the website once I research and write the answer, so thank you for your patience.

-Rarewares

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (L6VGTPZ)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (155764G)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (2L3SSTP)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (2S655S6)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This piece has a three part mirror which i remover to carry
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (LLPMGM3)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (P35S7TP)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (6S73SS7)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
File attached (GTZ72GT)

This is a 1930s art deco period B & E Furniture

oak vanity with mirror valued at 300GBP resale, the dresser at 200GBP.

Please scroll to the top or bottom of this page and click all five stars to end this one.

On mobile, just write FIVE STARS if you do not see the blue words Rate the Expert to Finish.

Bonuses are welcome!

I would be happy to help you again after you click the five stars here or write FIVE STARS.

For a new item, start over at

https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-rarewares/

and write @RAREWARES in the ask a question box.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi how accurate is your answer?

100% accurate.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have 2 dressers and 1 vanity, how should I go about selling and what money should I be looking for?

Here are suggestions for selling online- GoAntiques.com, Truegether.com, Mercari.com, Wanelo.com,
Poshmark.com, Bonanza.com, Etsy.com, eBay, Pamono.com, and Chairish.com. For the UK, selency.uk,
loveantiques.com are good sites. For CANADA, kijiji.com and sellmystuffcanada.com are the most popular.

Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally. Here are other local online
classifieds where the buyer picks up from you- Webstore.com, Varagesale.com (local),
and letgo.com (local), and 5miles.com (local).

Use invaluable.com, liveauctioneers.com, or auctionzip.com and search their directory for an
auction house near you and consign to them if you don't want to do all of the work of
listing and dealing with sellers.

Bonuses are welcome!