Randolph
Randolph, Master's Degree
Experience:  Appraising American and European art
69706726

I have some Osbourne 3d in slate paintings, They are sealed

Customer Question

I have some Osbourne 3d in slate paintings
JA: What would you like to learn about the painting? Is there any info on the back, or a certificate of authenticity?
Customer: They are sealed and have label on them saying collection 1930
JA: The Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Before I do, is there anything else you want them to know about the collection?
Customer: They are heavy and pics not a problem
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Randolph replied 6 months ago.

Hello!

I am Randolph and I will solve your question today. I am an Accredited Senior Appraiser with extensive experience in all kind of antiques and art appraisals. Please, bear with me while I read the question.

For this question, I would need a general picture of this piece PLUS a picture of any logo, text or image that can be used to identify the maker's name.

To upload the images here:

1. Click the upload icon on the reply box in your question.

2. A pop-up window will open. Locate the file on your computer, click it once, then click Open.

3. A link representing your photo or file should now appear below the reply box on your question page. Insert text in the reply box and click the Send button to send your photo or file to me.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
File attached (M33M477)
Expert:  Randolph replied 6 months ago.

Osbourne 3d collection 1930 currently holds a value of 200-250$. I can bring this value by searching several paid-service databases. Similar items as yours are selected to make a study of 3-5 samples obtaining the estimation. While this is an accurate method, you may find ads on the internet with higher asking prices. You will find difficulties selling it if a very high asking price is set.

Some tips for selling:

1. Take your time to make good pictures and write a good description of this piece.

2. Use the internet to promote your item, some marketplaces that work really well are Etsy, Amazon marketplace, Chairish, 1stdibs. I would only recommend an auction if the value is higher than 5,000$, Christies, Sotheby's or Heritage auction house are all good starting points.

Let me know if you have any other item to appraise as I would be most than glad to help you. You can write FOR RANDOLPH in the following page (then click send):

https://www.justanswer.com/antiques/