Dr-Caravaggio
Dr-Caravaggio, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  Art Historian, Certified Appraiser, Curator, Fmr. Museum Director
111234466

I have a Victor Venner painting/print? I can't tell unless I

Customer Question

I have a Victor Venner painting/print ? I can't tell unless I take it out of the frame? Can you tell me what it is worth? Have photos.
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (MZ3S2MZ)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
File attached (QSGLQ23)
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
I don't want a call please let me know via this site
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
My email is***@******.***
Customer: replied 11 days ago.
Just cleaned glass and put a pear by it so you can see size? Can you email me please***@******.*** once you know . It looks original
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 11 days ago.

Customer: replied 11 days ago.
That’s fine. I had another expert idfvtify a painting earlier this month I think it’s Joanna. Can you ask her?
Expert:  Dr-Caravaggio replied 10 days ago.

Hello. I’m Art & Antiques ExpertCustomerwith extensive experience in all kinds of antiques and art appraisals. I will be happy to assist you with your query, which was forwarded to me today.

I would like to see clear photos of your item in order to offer bespoke information and a precise valuation.

The HEIC format of your files uploaded above is not supported, please be so kind as to upload JPEG files. Then I will be able to give you the desired information.

Please let me also know measurements. Thanks in advance!

Expert:  Dr-Caravaggio replied 9 days ago.

Without a chance to see photographs of your item, no precise valuation may be provided, but it can be said only in general that artist's work has been offered at auction multiple times, with realized prices ranging from 30 to 50 GBP, depending on the size and medium of the artwork. Since 2013 the record price for this artist at auction is 50 GBP for the polychrome print 'The Counsel's Brief', sold at Dreweatts, Bristol in 2013.

Victor Venner produced a vast range of cartoons and illustrations, the most humorous of which were the golf cartoons which he published in the first years of the twentieth century. Venner was born in the late nineteenth century and his first golfing cartoon was published in 1904. He also produced illustrations for Punch and the London Sketch Club.

If selling is your plan, here are a few helpful suggestions:

Suitable online classifieds markets for the private sale of antique and vintage items are Etsy.com, eBay.co.uk and JustCollecting.com.

To save the work of selling on your own, you could go to LoveAntiques.com, Sellingantiques.co.uk, Antiques.co.uk or Vinterior.co – they are all UK-based. There you can find professional antique dealers and consign your item to them if desired.

Thank you very much for your consultation request.