GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

I’m looking for help to see if my old bags are worth

I’m looking for help to see if my old bags are worth anything

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
No I’m happy to wait thank you
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Any luck yet

I know that this question has remained unanswered for a few days and so i asked my daughter about bags (she collects them)

The round one with the MOP (mother of pearl) type decoration is most likely 1950s. It was not an expensive bag when bought but is very decorative. Think in terms of about £30 for that one if you bought it at a vintage fair.

The metal ware of the bags is just brass or plated steel/iron. That also shows them to not be top quality.

The leather? bag looks quite good quality and would cost about £40 to buy and the cloth one about the same as the cylindrical one. I hope that I have understood your photos.

The last photo shows that bag to be very 1930s in style and that is popular. If that is the leather one then it's probably worth a bit more.

These items do have a following among young people today and are bought for revival events such as Goodwood Festival where people dress in period clothes. Greg

Hope that helps. Greg

GregoryH46,
Experience: Expert