GregoryH46
GregoryH46,
Experience:  Expert
112228356

I have recently emptied my fathers loft & have come across

Customer Question

Hi, I have recently emptied my fathers loft & have come across lots of collector plates, spoons, concorde pics/signed & jewellery - I am unsure how to go about valuing/selling this?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes it's turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: There are certain items with COA's - how can I go about getting them valued?
JA: Is there anything else the Appraiser should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: I have pictures of everything
Category: Appraisals
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (7P1GP1V)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (5P5756P)
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
File attached (GLZ1VTQ)
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 15 days ago.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I would like to wait - how long will this be?
Expert:  GregoryH46 replied 15 days ago.

Im going to try to give my best advice here. Valuers do not like these online questions with multiple elements.

In any case, you are asking for advice on values.

Let's start with the pendant on the chain as an example of just one item that could involve several replies and subsidiary questions in order to first discover the nature of the metal (gold, brass, gilded silver??). In other words, sometimes it is only first hand inspection that will quickly establish what you have before determining value.

Please tell me where you are in the country and I will put you in touch with a good valuer who will see your items first hand and appraise them without charge to yourself. Believe me - this will be the best way forward. Greg

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Hi Greg, I thank you for for your email - I am based in Durham DH7 7RR - I look forward to hearing from youBest wishesTom
Expert:  GregoryH46 replied 14 days ago.

Well your part of the country is not best served by auctioneers and valuers but using some contacts of mine, I have established that you can either visit by arrangement (or if too far send photos) to:-

Millers Auctions

Valuer : Alistair Scott

Email  : [email protected] .co.uk

Or telephone : 0191(###) ###-####Ext 307.

Sorry not to have someone much nearer. Hope that helps. Greg