Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have what appears to be a cold painted Franz Bergman

I have what appears to be a cold painted Franz Bergman bronze
JA: What would you like to learn about the item? Do you know how old it is?
Customer: if it is right it should be around 1900 - the mark and signature appear to be ok - wondering about the value if it i genuine
JA: The Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the item in?
Customer: I'd say very good - the colour is good and there is no obvious damage
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?
Customer: Not really - I paid around £60 for it around 20 years ago thinking it was a nice decorative thing but now I am wondering if it is an original

Hello, my name is Glenda
May I ask who I have the pleasure of speaking to?

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures? There is NO FEE for adding photos

Methods:

1. Text option: You can send photos one at a time via return text. If you are getting texts from me, that’s your number—just REPLY (do not set up a new text). One photo per text and please make sure that there is at least one word typed in the text too so I can confirm it came in.

2. App/website option: There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button. If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos. Or there is a document icon with a blue UP arrow. The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

3.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Here are some pictures
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Can talk on the phone at the moment - my name is David

I understand, I did not request the phone call, that is an upsell offer by the site, not the appraisers. We come to the site to answer questions that customers ask on the site.

Glenda

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks Glenda

Hi David

Can you tell me what size this is?
Glenda

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
9" high on a 2 .75" marble base

Hi David

This does appear from the images to be his work. If that is the case this Erotic Sarcophagus Bronze from 1910-1920 is valued at 1,800.00-2,200.00 GBP, I have seen his work sell as high as 3000.00.

If you plan on selling. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally
.
Etsy is a great site.
.
There is also craigslist locally which is free. Ebay is a great option. It does reach a lot of people, but items tend to sell a little lower on there If you do decide to try Ebay, I recommend setting reserves.

.
I would be happy to help you with any additional items you may have. Do not add new item to this answered question.
.

Or send a new question here justanswer.com like this “For Glenda Only” as the first words.
You can also use my direct link here: www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-glenda-b/?rpt=21004 “For Glenda Only” as the first words.
.
I strive to provide the best 5 start service possible, if you have any questions feel free asking me.

Bonuses are also welcome! Many ask where to leave bonuses, adding a bonus is on the Leave a Review page.

I hope you have a great day

Thank you for visiting Just Answer
Glenda

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks Glenda, you have confirmed my thought _ I think I'll try and find a local valuer before I go any further, I quite like the piece and have always thought of it as just decorative but if we are both right I may have to look at our contents insurance....

It does appear to be genuine from your images and the research I did on it. It would not hurt to have it looked at in person to make sure. In person they can inspect all the fine details that you cannot see online.

Have a good evening