Dec Arts Dictionary
Dec Arts Dictionary, Fine Arts Auction Services
Experience:  Expert
110793455

I need to get a trifold beautifully carved, bedroom screen

Hello, I need to get a trifold beautifully carved, bedroom screen valued. How can I go about this? Thanks Jessica
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes it's turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: Can I up load a picture?
JA: Is there anything else the Appraiser should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: The screen has three cloth / upholstered panels with glass. Each panel is lined by carved wood. We believe the piece was bought in Paris circa 1959. IN excellent condition

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
please continue to find more information. Thank you
My name is ***** ***** I’m a moderator for this topic! My goal is to help you get the best out of JustAnswer.
Experts are much more likely to answer your question quickly if they can see pictures of your items. Please attach pictures using the information here:
https://www.justanswer.co.uk/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert
Thank you for your help and patience,
Oleksandra – Moderator
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Thanks. I already uploaded a photo. I do it again.... I look forward to hearing from someone with the valuation.
Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Just uploaded the picture. :)

Hello, I am happy to look over your screen.

This is a Louis XV / rococo style dressing screen. It looks in great condition with nice clean cream  brocade fabric  panels and intact upper glass inserts. The wood doesn’t look gilded to me but do correct me if I am wrong.

Today these dressing screens are popular as room dividers especially the more refined smaller sizes like your own. You could sell via auction or via an online market place such as ebay or etsy with a guide price of $400 - $500.

If you have any further questions please let me know.

For any future valuations, if you wish to contact me directly type “For Dec Arts Dictionary” as the first words and I will pick it up. Alternatively use the below link:

http://www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-dec-arts-dictionary/

I welcome a post valuation review and feedback.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
Wow. Thank you So much. This is very helpful. Yes I may well get in touch again soon. With much appreciation.

No worries, thanks

Experience: Expert