Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have found a picture under the eves of my mums house, it

Hi there I have found a picture under the eves of my mums house , it is an oil painting by Horace William Petherick called Sinbad in the valley of diamonds , second voyage.
JA: Hi there. What would you like to learn about the painting? Is there any info on the back, or a certificate of authenticity?
Customer: it has with it an envelope with a really old parchement from the Royal academy exhibition dated 1904.
JA: The Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the painting in?
Customer: well it’s quite dark so I suppose that could be dirt and grime
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?
Customer: not really, we just want to know what we should do with it

Hello, my name is Glenda
May I ask who I have the pleasure of speaking to?

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures? There is NO FEE for adding photos

Methods:

1. Text option: You can send photos one at a time via return text. If you are getting texts from me, that’s your number—just REPLY (do not set up a new text). One photo per text and please make sure that there is at least one word typed in the text too so I can confirm it came in.

2. App/website option: There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button. If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos. Or there is a document icon with a blue UP arrow. The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

3. If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Here you go “sinbad in the Valley of Diamonds, Second voyage”

Thank you for the picture.

The Horace William Petherick (1839-1919) Sinbad In The Valley of Diamonds, Second Voyage, Gold Gilt Frame is valued at and estimate of £1,000 - £1,500.

Glenda

If you plan on selling. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally.
.
Etsy is a great site.
.
There is also craigslist locally which is free.  Ebay is a great option. It does reach a lot of people, but items tend to sell a little lower on there If you do decide to try Ebay, I recommend setting reserves.

.

Thank you again for trusting JustAnswer with your question and for granting me the opportunity to provide you with an answer.

If you have any additional questions about your item, or need me to clarify anything, please let me know.

I will also be happy to help with more items.

You can request me by name by typing "For Glenda" at the beginning of a new question and using this link:

www.justanswer.com/antiques/expert-glenda-b/?rpt=21004

Sincerely,

Glenda

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Thanks Glenda

You are very welcome, if you need anything else send it in like this " For Glenda Only"