Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I also have a copy of an oil painting by DYF 15in by 18in

Frances Bethune

Hello again Frances,

Thank you for requesting me, it is best to put " For Glenda Only" that way I am sure to see the question.

Do you know the artist or just that it is signed DYF?

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Just signed DYF
Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I think it's Marcel Dyf

Ok thanks

Marcel Dyf was born Marcel Dreyfus on 7 October 1899 in Paris. The Painting by Marcel Dyf is valued at

£1,200-1,300. If you plan on selling. There are some great sites you can sell from.
.
Facebook Marketplace is how most people post things for sale locally.
.
Etsy is a great site.

There is also craigslist locally which is free. Ebay is a great option. It does reach a lot of people, but items tend to sell a little lower on there If you do decide to try Ebay, I recommend setting reserves.

Glenda

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
Is that the price for a copy

That is the price for the Oil Painting, if this is a Lithograph on Board, enhanced then this is 450.00-500.00

I hope you have a great evening.

Glenda

Customer: replied 7 days ago.

You are very welcome.

I am sorry you felt I should get a negative rating on this. I am not sure why you gave me that. When you asked your question you said you have a copy of a painting. That to an appraiser means you have an oil on canvas painting.  I did not realize you were saying you this is a print or lithograph of the original painting. When you asked me " Is that the price for a copy" I realized you were saying you had a copy of a painting, not a painting. 

I corrected the value based on the information you provided to me, of it being a copy.

I would gladly have answered any questions you had about this before you rated me. I am sorry you did not give me the chance to help further so I did not get a bad rating.

Have a great evening

Glenda

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I am sorry I didn't mean to give you a negative rating I must have pressed the wron star....you helped me greatly ...I will resend a rsting

Thank you for letting me know. I was worried I had done something wrong.

Have a great evening

Glenda