Glenda B. Appraiser
Glenda B. Appraiser, Antiques and Collectibles Appraiser
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as antiques collector and 14+ yrs. as antique store owner. Member of Association of Online Appraisers and AADA.
53729464

I have two vintage chairs and was wondering how much they

Customer Question

Hello. I have two vintage chairs and was wondering how much they might be worth.
JA: Hi there. Does the chair have a maker's mark or serial number?
Customer: No, neither of the chairs do. i have photos.
JA: Do you know how old the chair is? What condition is it in?
Customer: They are both in fairly good consition. One is a servant's ha;ll chair. The other is a low , lightly upholstered straight back chair, possibly a nursing chair. I think they are Victorian, but couldn't be sure.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?
Customer: The hall chair has an unusually shaped back, haven't seen anything online like it, and a painted crest, or pseudocrest on it. The 'nursing chair' has an unusual shaped back. again I haven't seen anything online like it.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Glenda B. Appraiser replied 17 days ago.

My name is Glenda,

I have been an appraiser on JustAnswer.com for over 10 years.

I am glad to help you.

May I ask who I am speaking to?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
My name is*****

Hi Clare

Nice to meet you

You can send an image of this?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
File attached (M1155TL)

What great Vintage Throne Style Chairs. Or some call them Butler Chairs. The Butler Chairs were commonly placed inside the pantry or kitchen so the butler had a place to sit when not in service.  The Padded Chair is a ladies Chair, as stated commonly used in a Nursery.

These look to be from the early part of the 20thC. The Ladies Chair is valued at 150.00-200.00 GBP the Butler Chair -200.00-250.00.  If you have any questions about this answer feel free asking me.

Glenda

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks very much.

You are very welcome Clare,

If you have anything else you need help with you can send me a new question ( not added to this completed question go back to the site to ask new question ) like this "@Glenda" or "For Glenda" 

Or you can do this: you can add me as a favorite Expert, then type @ followed by my name (@Glenda ) in your next chat. ( not in this chat ) 

I will be happy to help.

I will mark this one completed so it can be closed out now.

Thank you for using Just Answer

Glenda