AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP, AAA
30223878

I have a picture made with mother of pearl of a European

Customer Question

I have a picture made with mother of pearl of a European landscape used to highlight water and moon and sky it belonged to my grandmother and I’ve loved it since I was a child I just want to know what it is and wether it’s valuable or not
JA: The Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Do you know how old the item is?
Customer: I would say pre 1900 i can send pictures
JA: What condition is the item in?
Customer: apart one corner of the frame perfect
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?
Customer: I’ve never seen another but I think it’s charming
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 17 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures? There is NO FEE for adding photos

Methods:

1. BEST OPTION: App/website option: There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button. If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos. Or there is a document icon with a blue UP arrow. The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

2. ONLY AVAILABLE TO SOME ACCOUNTS: Text option: You can send photos one at a time via return text. If you are getting texts from me, that’s your number—just REPLY (do not set up a new text). One photo per text and please make sure that there is at least one word typed in the text too so I can confirm it came in.

3. Social media option: post it with PUBLIC access to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and send me the link

4. You can email them to *****@******.*** and ask them to either attach to this thread (give them the link) or forward them to AppraiserJM. This method takes at least a few hours to be forwarded, so try 1-3 above first! And make sure to let me know ASAP if you chose email. The email must come from the address you used to sign up for JustAnswer.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

I look forward to working with you. Sincerely, Jennifer

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
I will send picture

Received!

A European reverse painting on glass with mother of pearl highlights. Incorporated into a period painted frame with gilt. Some wear and losses. Early 20th century.

At resale, £50-75.

Please let me know you got this response, and if I can help you further with this item.

Thanks for joining JustAnswer!

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
Thanks I now know what it is

You're welcome!

Sincerely,

Jennifer