marks699
marks699,
Experience:  dasdasd
112996622

I have a smallish mahogany chest of drawers (4 drawers)

Customer Question

I have a smallish mahogany chest of drawers (4 drawers) about 100 years old in reasonably good condition but with a few marks on top
JA: What would you like to learn about the chest of drawers?
Customer: How much am I likely to be able to sell it for?
JA: The Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. Before I do, is there anything else you want them to know about the chest of drawers?
Customer: I can send photos. It is 110cm wide, 78cm high and 48cm deep
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  marks699 replied 16 days ago.

Hi, this is Mark with JA. I’ve been in the antiques and art business for nearly half a century. I think I can help with the chest. Can you send some pics? An overall shot, a close-up well-focused detail or two, one of the back or underside, and a good, clear shot of the maker’s marks or signatures, if any?

Photos should be attached to this thread. Here’s some help with sending files. Look for any of these links, depending on the device and browser you are using (see attachment). If that doesn’t work, try this link for more help: https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert. If all else fails, try calling Customer Service at(###) ###-#### and they should be able to help. Also, if you’re using a smartphone, JustAnswer has a free phone app.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I had already sent 3 photos: general, front, and top, but I have now sent 3 more of back and details of front and drawer joints
Expert:  marks699 replied 15 days ago.

Got three photos.  Appears to be the second three.  None of the front, except for the drawer details.  Can you send the others again, attached here?

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Here are the first 3 photos
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I don't wish to pay £16 for a phone call !
Expert:  marks699 replied 15 days ago.
No problem.  that's just an automated response.  We can continue right here.
Expert:  marks699 replied 15 days ago.

I have some questions ahead of you.  But I promise I won't lose you, OK?

Expert:  marks699 replied 15 days ago.

Got all the photos.  Back on it.  Sorry for the wait.  Checking now....

Expert:  marks699 replied 15 days ago.

This chest is probably a bit more than 100 years old.  Mid 19th century or so.  Banded drawer inlays, cutout bracket base. Drawer pulls appear to be original, or at least correct for the period.  Resale value £200-250.

Expert:  marks699 replied 15 days ago.

Best of luck with it. If you’d like my personal help with any other items, please feel free to start another question (not in this chat window) by going back to www.justanswer.com and starting a new one. If you wish, you can ask for me by my screen name,Customer. Start the question with "FOR MARK APPRAISALS ONLY..." and I should be able to find it. You can also use either the "Ask me a new question" feature on your “My Questions” page or to add me to your Favorite Experts list if you would like to connect with me again. Cheers! Mark