Tony T
Tony T,
Experience:  Auction Manager Appraisals at Cobdown Auction
117098776

I am downsizing my home and wish to get rid of some items. I

Customer Question

I am downsizing my home and wish to get rid of some items. I have a granny toothless toby jug - how can I best get rid of this?
JA: What would you like to learn about the item? Do you know how old it is?
Customer: I only want to sell it not actually learn about it, thank you. I expect you know these jugs - I see their value on the internet.is about £250 to £300 but who would buy it?
JA: The Appraiser can help. You can also send photos once I've connected you. What condition is the item in?
Customer: Good condition - not chips or cracks but some fine crazing.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Appraiser should know?
Customer: I also have a Staffordshire toby jug of a not brown ale character I would like to sell but do not the value of this item. It is in very good condition. I feel an appraiser will also know this item.. Thank you.
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Tony T replied 15 days ago.

There are still collectors of these pieces although they are becoming "yesterday's antiques" I would try Facebook Marketplace or Gumtree as a starting point at least with those you won't pay a commission.

I hope this helps.

My goal is to provide you with an excellent service. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to ask – I am happy to help further

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

· Simply reply back if you require additional information and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. Thank you and I wish you the best.

Tony

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thanks, ***** *****'ll Give those a try.
Expert:  Tony T replied 15 days ago.

No problem at all and good luck.

Tony