Gregory Dunn
Gregory Dunn,
Experience:  Expert in Antiques and Appraisals at JustAnswer
111072923

I have a first edition third print of Potter and the

hi, i have a first edition third print of Harry Potter and the Philosophers stone in paperback
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes it's turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: it has the number 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 number on the printing page JK Rowling is on the publishing page as Joanne Rowling
JA: Is there anything else the Appraiser should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: the back page has a young wizard smoking a pipe

Hi, and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is ***** ***** I’m an Art, Antiques and Collectibles Expert with JustAnswer. I’ll be glad to help you with your item today. Do you have photos of your book that you could upload to help me identify your book. Photos of the cover front and back, title and publishers page, and the back page with the illustration you mentioned would be very helpful.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
thank you very much for your swift reply. Please find pictures attached. thanks

Thank you for the photos. I am working on your appraisal now.

A paperback 1st edition 3rd printing of "Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone" by J.K. Rowling with the identifying number of 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 published in Great Britain has an approximate value of 12 to 16 GBP based on sales at auction. The most recent sale I found for this book was from 2015, so it is possible the book may have appreciated in value somewhat, but this is also an indicator that the book is not in great demand due to lack of sales.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Ok cool. Thanks for your help

You’re very welcome! I hope I was able to answer your question.  If you would like to ask me another question in the future, you can add me as a favorite Expert. You’ll have the option to do that on your “My Questions” page if you choose to rate our interaction. You can also tag me in a question by typing @GregoryD1222. Thanks for letting me help you with your book today, and thanks for using JustAnswer.