AppraiserJM
AppraiserJM, Certified Appraiser
Experience:  USPAP, AAA
30223878

Please sir - how much should I be charging for a child's

Hi there
JA: Hi. How can I help?
Customer: Please sir - how much should I be charging for a child's garden of verses by Robert Louis Stevenson?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes it's turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It's second hand and in pretty good nick, but a bit scuffed up around the edges
JA: Is there anything else the Appraiser should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: How much do you charge?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Good afternoon,

I need the name of the publisher, publication city, and publication date.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
The impression was made in 1960. Printed and made in Great Britain by W.M. Collins sons and Co. Ltd. London and Glasgow.

Thanks!

A Child's Garden of Verses Stevenson, Robert Louis Published by Collins, London, 1960

Retail value £3-4.

Please let me know you got this response, and if I can help you further with this item.

Thanks for joining JustAnswer!

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I can't afford that - please can I type out the books that I need valued?
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Online - someone has valued it as £700

I don't know why someone would do that on a very late commercial edition. Unless I'm getting something wrong about your copy vs what I am seeing?

This was originally published in 1885. So once we hit the 1960s, it's quite late in the game.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
I see

I'm happy to do 1 more book right here. Others would go into a new question.

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Please inform me of how much Tales from the Arabian Nights - retold by Shirley Goulden - Illustrated by Bendenute - printed in Italy - 1958
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
It's almost in perfect nick

Benvenute?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.

Publisher?

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
W.H.Allen
Customer: replied 14 days ago.
London

Thanks. Retail £15-20.

Jennifer

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Brilliant - thanks

You're welcome!

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
How about the Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens - illustrations by Frank Reynolds RI The Westminstervvpress limited by Henry Stone and Son Ltd

Happy to help, but this is the same question--I limit to 2 items per question.

You need to open as a new question via the website or app. (That should be included if you have a membership.)

Sincerely,

Jennifer

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
OK - Thanks a lot for your help

You're welcome.

Sincerely,

Jennifer