twinb1201
twinb1201, Appraiser
Experience:  28 years of appraisal experience. Author of 3 books on collecting. President of the Association of Online Appraisers.
57035021

I have a merrythought dog pyjama case. It has no ears and

Customer Question

I have a merrythought dog pyjama case. It has no ears and there doesn't seem to be any sign that ears were attached.
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes it's turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: It is pale gold in colour with small areas of toning.. The eyes are glass: black with orange rims. The nose is black plush. It is about 23" from tip of nose to tip of tail. I have no idea of its age. The only thing that might help is the design of the accreditation label. The words 'REGd Design' are along the top of the label rather than along the bottom, as seems to be the usual case. There are two seams in the lining that show wear 1" and 1/2" respectively.
JA: Is there anything else the Appraiser should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: No
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 7 days ago.

Hi, my name is***** a certified appraiser, and I'd be happy to help.

Is it possible to upload photos of the item, including any and all marks/signatures? There is NO FEE for adding photos

Methods:

1. BEST OPTION: App/website option: There should be a +ADD FILES feature next to our Send button. If not, then there is a paperclip above the reply box that you click to attach photos. Or there is a document icon with a blue UP arrow. The photos won’t upload unless you also have at least one word in the text box! You won’t see the attached photo along with the text before you post it, but you will see the paperclip or attach button turn green.

2. ONLY AVAILABLE TO SOME ACCOUNTS: Text option: You can send photos one at a time via return text. If you are getting texts from me, that’s your number—just REPLY (do not set up a new text). One photo per text and please make sure that there is at least one word typed in the text too so I can confirm it came in.

3. Social media option: post it with PUBLIC access to Facebook, Twitter, or Instagram, and send me the link

4. You can email them to *****@******.*** and cc *****@******.*** and ask them to either attach to this thread (give them the link) or forward them to AppraiserJM. This method takes at least a few hours to be forwarded, so try 1-3 above first! And make sure to let me know ASAP if you chose email. The email must come from the address you used to sign up for JustAnswer.

If that doesn’t work, please reach out to Customer Service for help at no additional charge:

https://www.justanswer.com/help/contact-us 1(###) ###-####/p>

I look forward to working with you. Sincerely, Jennifer

Customer: replied 7 days ago.
I have no immediate means of sending you photos. I shall have to wait until one of my family can assist me.

Thanks. I can see what I can find without them.

Jennifer

Unfortunately there were too many different ones for me to ID without seeing it. Quite a few different ones in golden coloring. In particular, all examples I can find, have ears.

Jennifer

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I will get pictures to you asap, but it might be a day or two.
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
I realise talking would probably help but I have such poor hearing I can't cope with the phone.
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 6 days ago.
No that's all just fine! No call needed, and you can add photos here in a day or two, no problem.

Jennifer

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
Thank you for your tolerance. You made no mention of the label design; the time it changed might help with dating this pyjama case.
Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 5 days ago.
however, I still need to see the label.

I know that the descriptions sound very complete, but that's because you are actually able to see the item. From my end, both the label and the description don't give me the full visual.

It's really no problem to wait a few days.

Jennifer

Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 4 days ago.

Just bumping so we don't time out.

Jennifer

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks for the eyes-up, but I'm sitting on my thumbs until I can get some help. When is time up?

Seven days from now--no worries.

Jennifer

Customer: replied 4 days ago.
Thanks. My daughter will be back on Saturday and she will get pictures to you. Regards, Ron

OK, thanks.

Jennifer

Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 3 days ago.

Bumping. Again, no hurry.

Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 2 day ago.

Bumping. Again, no hurry.

Expert:  AppraiserJM replied 20 hours ago.

Bumping. Last time. Then I will estimate.