Tony T
Tony T,
Experience:  Auction Manager Appraisals at Cobdown Auction
117098776

Greg, From the descriptions and photos sent through

Customer Question

Hi Greg, From the descriptions and photos sent through previously today, can you please kindly provide an “open market valuation” of the 14 No items for ‘Probate’? Thanks, ***** *****
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  Virtual-mod replied 10 days ago.

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi, Greg @ GregoryH46 seemed to be on the case. I had replied to a question he had raised yesterday evening and I was waiting for his response. It seems that he may have ‘referred me to a new appraiser’. If so, I can wait for this further advice. Thanks. Kind regards, ***** *****
Expert:  Tony T replied 10 days ago.

Hello and welcome to Just Answer today, my name is***** have 16 years of experience across the field of antiques, supported by a Master’s Degree (with Distinction) in Antiques awarded by the University of Central Lancashire and I am a member of the National Association of Auctioneers & Valuers in the UK..

Hello Willie,

Firstly we are allowed to appraise three items per request. Secondly I see no pictures on this thread so I an not sure what happened to them. If you tell me the pieces you have I am happy to instruct you further in order to complete your request. as the items may need to be split in order to appraise as we all have different areas of expertise.

I hope this helps and look forward to your response.

Kindest Regards

Tony

My goal is to provide you with an excellent service. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to ask – I am happy to help further

How do I send a photo or file to the Expert?

There are a few ways to send a photo or file to your Expert. When posting your question, there is an option to add photos and files.

If you already posted your question and still need to share photos or files, click the upload icon on the reply box in your question.

A pop-up window will open. Locate the file on your computer, click it once, then click Open.

A link representing your photo or file should now appear below the reply box on your question page. Insert text in the reply box and click the Send button to send your photo or file to the Expert

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
Hi Tony/ Tony T,Thanks very much for your response. The Ercol items belonged to my late parents and were much cherished and cared for.All are original apart from cushions, covers and rubber strapping which have been replaced in time using Ercol original products and dealer services.They are generally in very good condition; with original finishes; several are pristine.The dining table 492 does have some small spot stains on the table top and the finishes on the arms on armchair 477 are wearing thin but not through – there are no dings of dents!The schedule of items is as follows:4 x Windsor dining chairs (365);
Plate rack (268);
Footstool (341);
Pebble nest of tables (354);
Studio couch (355);
Sideboard (455);
Sideboard/ Drinks Cabinet (469);
Armchair (477);
Dining table (492);
Pandora's Box (735);
Armchair (766).I attach photos of each item, numbered in accordance with the above - I do hope I can get them all through to you... I will send in <5MB batches…Thanks again for your response. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you need to discuss further. It may help to speak by telephone – I can call you if you forward a number or you can reach me on the number below (07811 264464).Kind regards, ***** *****
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (7QSS23V)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (ZVM1464)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (QZ6MZSQ)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (LLMGZLS)
Customer: replied 10 days ago.
File attached (6GG2G2P)
Expert:  Tony T replied 10 days ago.
Hi Greg

I will undertake the Ercol items vis this thread, if the ceramic items are to be appraised I would prefer to do that via another thread as I will require pictures of the item and of the base. The values I supply will be ones that you can buy the for on the second hand market and not inflated retail ones by dealers etc.

Kindest Regards

Tony

Expert:  Tony T replied 10 days ago.

Hi Greg,

I would appraise the items as follows:

492=£250-350, 477=£120-180, 365=£180-230, 268=£30-50, 341=£80-100, 354=£350-400, 355=£1000-1200, 455=£300-350, 469=£150-250, 735=£160-200.

I hope this helps.

Kindest Regards

Tony

I hope I’ve provided the information you were seeking. If you need more help, please let me know so l can continue to assist you.

Simply reply back if you require additional information and I will be happy to help with any follow up questions. Thank you and I wish you the best

Lastly, the site may ask you to rate me or give you an opportunity to provide a bonus. Neither one are necessary, but both are greatly appreciated. Thank you again and best wishes!

Hello and welcome to Just Answer today, my name is***** have 16 years of experience across the field of antiques, supported by a Master’s Degree (with Distinction) in Antiques awarded by the University of Central Lancashire and I am a member of the National Association of Auctioneers & Valuers in the UK.