marks699
marks699,
Experience:  dasdasd
112996622

How do I go about selling Toby? I have 2 large Royal Doulton

Customer Question

How do I go about selling Toby Jugs?
JA: I always love having an appraiser look at my stuff. Sometimes it's turned out to be surprisingly valuable. Tell us what else you do know and the Appraiser will be able to better assist you.
Customer: I have 2 large Royal Doulton Toby Jugs, one Dick Turpin and One Touchstone. I have 2 mini Royal Doulton Toby Jugs and a Royal Doulton Captain Cuttle Statue.
JA: Is there anything else the Appraiser should know before I connect you? Rest assured that they'll be able to help you.
Customer: no
Category: Appraisals
Expert:  marks699 replied 6 days ago.

Hi, this is Mark with JA. I’ve been in the antiques and art business for nearly half a century. I think I can help with the Toby jugs. Can you send some photos? An overall shot, a close-up well-focused detail or two, one of the back or underside, and a good, clear shot of the maker’s marks or signatures, if any?

Photos should be attached to this thread. Here’s some help with sending files. Look for any of these links, depending on the device and browser you are using (see attachment). If that doesn’t work, try this link for more help: https://www.justanswer.com/help/how-do-i-send-photo-or-file-expert. If all else fails, try calling Customer Service at(###) ###-#### and they should be able to help. Also, if you’re using a smartphone, JustAnswer has a free phone app.

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (T6SZ515)
Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (6V7LM35)
Expert:  marks699 replied 6 days ago.

Got the photos.  Thanks.

I have some questions ahead of you, but I promise I won’t lose you, OK?

Customer: replied 6 days ago.
File attached (Z5T7765)
Expert:  marks699 replied 6 days ago.

Back on it.  Sorry for the wait.  Checking now....

Expert:  marks699 replied 6 days ago.

I can take on three items per question.

Re; Royal Doulton "Sairy Gamp" small character mug.  Resale value $20-$25.

Re; Dickens "Captain Cuttle" figurine, resale value $13-$15.

Re; Dick Turpin large character mug, resale value $45-$50.

Expert:  marks699 replied 6 days ago.

For the others, if you don’t mind, it would be best to start another question by going back to www.justanswer.com and starting a new one (not in this chat window). If you wish, you can ask for me by my screen name,Customer. Start the question with "FOR MARK APPRAISALS ONLY..." and I should be able to find it. You can also use either the "Ask me a new question" feature on your “My Questions” page or to add me to your Favorite Experts list if you would like to connect with me again. Thanks. Mark