mike_a_mechanic
mike_a_mechanic, Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Engine is vibrating on audi a4 2.0 tdi only idling appears

Engine is vibrating on audi a4 2.0 tdi only idling appears to be fine when excelerating

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

The engine is vibrating or mis-firing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Vibrating on Idle and seems to be misfiring
Any warning lights coming on at all?
How many miles are on the vehicle?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi Mike no warning lights are coming on,the car has done 151,000
Ok these engines have a habit of one of the ignition coils randomly mis-firing and resulting in the issue that you are having,another common issue is the mass air flow sensor not measuring the fuel/air ratio correctly which also results in this problem. What I would suggest as a first step is to clean the mass air flow sensor with intake cleaner and if the problem goes away but comes back the sensor needs to be replaced. If the sensor checks out good have the ignition coils tested.